Access to the complete content on Oxford Clinical Psychology requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 Introductory Information for Facilitators
- Chapter 2 Logistics of the Cognitive-Behavioral Stress Management Intervention Program
- Chapter 3 Session 1: Introduction to the Program / Stressors and Stress Responses / Progressive Muscle Relaxation for 16 Muscle Groups
- Chapter 4 Session 2: Progressive Muscle Relaxation for Eight Muscle Groups / Stress and Awareness
- Chapter 5 Session 3: Breathing, Imagery, Progressive Muscle Relaxation for Four Muscle Groups / Linking Thoughts and Emotions
- Chapter 6 Session 4: Breathing, Imagery, Passive Progressive Muscle Relaxation / Negative Thinking and Cognitive Distortions
- Chapter 7 Session 5: Autogenic Training for Heaviness and Warmth / Rational Thought Replacement
- Chapter 8 Session 6: Autogenic Training for Heartbeat, Breathing, Abdomen, and Forehead / Productive Coping
- Chapter 9 Session 7: Autogenic Training with Imagery and Self-Suggestions / Executing Effective Coping Responses
- Chapter 10 Session 8: Mantra Meditation / Anger Management
- Chapter 11 Session 9: Breath Counting Meditation / Assertiveness Training
- Chapter 12 Session 10: Imagery and Meditation / Social Support and Review of the Program