Allyson Smith and William J. Whelton
3 Canadian Master Couple Therapists
Len Jennings and Thomas M. Skovholt
Chapter 3 The Cognitive Emotional, and Relational Characteristics of Master Therapists
1 Copyright © 1999 by the American Psychological Association. Adapted with permission.
Thomas M. Skovholt, Matthew Hanson, Len Jennings, and Tabitha Grier
Chapter 2 Expertise in Therapy and Counseling
Helena Moura de Carvalho and Paula Mena Matos
4 Being and Becoming a Psychotherapist in Portugal
1. This study was originally published in Portuguese in Carvalho and Matos ( ). The Journal Psicologia: Ciência e Profissão authorized the use of its contents in this chapter.
2. We highlight the central contribution of revisions to the main studies of the impact of characteristics of the psychotherapist in the results of different psychotherapies that have been published in the Handbook of Psychotherapy and Behavior Change during the past 30 years ( ; Beutler et al., ; ). However,
3. Each transcribed narrative
Len Jennings, Vilma D’Rozario, Michael Goh, Ashley Sovereign, Megan Brogger, and Thomas M. Skovholt
5 Psychotherapy Expertise in Singapore
1. This chapter is reproduced with permission by the journal Psychotherapy Research and Taylor & Francis ( http://www.tandfonline ) from
Jennings, L. , D’Rozario, V. , Goh, M. , Sovereign, A. , Brogger, M. , & Skovholt, T. (2008). Psychotherapy expertise in Singapore: A qualitative investigation. Psychotherapy Research , 18 (5), 508–522.
Tatsuya Hirai and Michael Goh
6 Personal and Professional Characteristics of Japanese Master Therapists
Kyoung-In Kwon and Chang-Dai Kim
7 Characteristics of Korean Master Group Counselors
1. This chapter is a revised version of
Kwon, K. , & Kim, C. (2007). The analysis on the characteristics of Korean master group counselor. Korean Journal of Counseling , 8 , 979–1010. Adapted with permission from the Korean Counseling Association.
Len Jennings and Thomas Skovholt
Master Therapist Studies from Around the World
Len Jennings, Thomas M. Skovholt, Heather Hessel, Sharada Lakhan, and Michael Goh
1 The World of Expertise in Counseling and Psychotherapy
Tomáš Řiháček, Mária Kahancová, Len Jennings, Jan Roubal, and Zbyněk Vybíral
2 Czech Master Therapists
1. Czechoslovakia was formed in 1918 following the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire after World War I. In 1993, it was divided into two independent states, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
2. The word “samizdat” derives from the Russian language and means “self-published.” It refers to the creation and distribution of publications that were prohibited by the communistic regime. Being a key form of dissident activity, it was repressed and punished.