Michael Sullivan, Thomas M. Skovholt, and Len Jennings
Chapter 4 Master Therapists’ Construction of the Therapy Relationship
Thomas M. Skovholt, Len Jennings, and Mary Mullenbach
Chapter 7 Portrait of the Master Therapist: Developmental Model of the Highly Functioning Self
Thomas M. Skovholt, Matthew Hanson, Len Jennings, and Tabitha Grier
Chapter 2 Expertise in Therapy and Counseling
Helena Moura de Carvalho and Paula Mena Matos
4 Being and Becoming a Psychotherapist in Portugal
1. This study was originally published in Portuguese in Carvalho and Matos ( ). The Journal Psicologia: Ciência e Profissão authorized the use of its contents in this chapter.
2. We highlight the central contribution of revisions to the main studies of the impact of characteristics of the psychotherapist in the results of different psychotherapies that have been published in the Handbook of Psychotherapy and Behavior Change during the past 30 years ( ; Beutler et al., ; ). However,
3. Each transcribed narrative
Len Jennings, Vilma D’Rozario, Michael Goh, Ashley Sovereign, Megan Brogger, and Thomas M. Skovholt
5 Psychotherapy Expertise in Singapore
1. This chapter is reproduced with permission by the journal Psychotherapy Research and Taylor & Francis ( http://www.tandfonline ) from
Jennings, L. , D’Rozario, V. , Goh, M. , Sovereign, A. , Brogger, M. , & Skovholt, T. (2008). Psychotherapy expertise in Singapore: A qualitative investigation. Psychotherapy Research , 18 (5), 508–522.
Tatsuya Hirai and Michael Goh
6 Personal and Professional Characteristics of Japanese Master Therapists
Kyoung-In Kwon and Chang-Dai Kim
7 Characteristics of Korean Master Group Counselors
1. This chapter is a revised version of
Kwon, K. , & Kim, C. (2007). The analysis on the characteristics of Korean master group counselor. Korean Journal of Counseling , 8 , 979–1010. Adapted with permission from the Korean Counseling Association.
Len Jennings, Ashley Sovereign, Salina Renninger, Michael Goh, Thomas M. Skovholt, Sharada Lakhan, and Heather Hessel
8 Bringing It All Together
Len Jennings and Thomas M. Skovholt
Chapter 3 The Cognitive Emotional, and Relational Characteristics of Master Therapists
1 Copyright © 1999 by the American Psychological Association. Adapted with permission.
Mary A. Mullenbach and Thomas M. Skovholt
Chapter 5 Emotional Wellness and Professional Resiliency of Master Therapists
Thomas M. Skovholt , The Resilent Practitioner: Burnout Prevention and Self-Care Strategies for Counselors, Therapists, Teachers, and Health Professionals. Published by Allyn and Bacon, Boston, MA. Copyright (c) 2001 by Pearson Education. Adapted by permission of the publisher.