Access to the complete content on Oxford Clinical Psychology requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 What Is Mental Disorder and What Is Stigma?
- 2 Perspectives From Social Psychology, Sociology, and Evolutionary Psychology
- 3 Historical Perspectives on Mental Illness and Stigma
- 4 Modern Conceptions of Mental Disorder
- 5 Evidence From Scientific Investigations
- 6 Indicators of Stigma From Everyday Life
- 7 Stigma of Mental Illness: An Integration
- 8 Research Directions and Priorities
- 9 Overcoming Stigma I: Legislation, Policy, and Community Efforts
- 10 Overcoming Stigma II: Media and Mental Health Professionals
- 11 Overcoming Stigma III: Families and Individuals
- 12 Concluding Issues