Access to the complete content on Oxford Clinical Psychology requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 What Is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)?
- 2 Assessment
- 3 General Guide to the ACT Therapeutic Context
- 4 Session 1: ACT Orientation and Creative Hopelessness
- 5 Session 2: Control as the Problem
- 6 Sessions 3 and 4: Acceptance Supported by Defusion
- 7 Sessions 5 and 6: Acceptance, Defusion, Mindfulness, and Values
- 8 Sessions 7 and 8: Acceptance, Defusion, Mindfulness, and Self-as-Context
- 9 Session 9: Values
- 10 Session 10: Values and Behavioral Commitments
- 11 Session 11: Maintaining Growth
- Appendix A General ACT Principles
- Appendix B Session-by-Session ACT Cheat Sheet
- Appendix C Behavioral Commitment Worksheet
- Appendix D List of Mindfulness Apps
- Appendix E NOTE Handout
- Appendix F Valued Living Questionnaire (VLQ)
- Appendix G Bull’s-Eye Values Survey (BEVS)
- Appendix H Self-Guided ACT Resources
- About the Authors