There are hundreds of Oxford clinical psychology books on the site. The best way to browse through them is when they are organized by specialty.
- Open the subject browse panel by clicking on Browse by Specialty in the header, on every page.
- Click a specialty to show all the books on that topic.
- Close the specialty browse panel by clicking on the X at the bottom right.
Tip: if you want to see all the books on the site, choose Browse All, at bottom right of the specialty browse panel.
The main part of the browse page is a list of books, each with the first two lines of a summary of its contents.
- You can see the full summary by clicking on More at the end of the two lines.
- The list is in alphabetical order. Use the Sort by options at the top of the list to sort by the author name or publication date instead.
- You can choose to increase the number of Items per page or jump to a particular point in the list by entering a letter in the Starting with box and clicking go.
- Long lists will be broken over several pages. Use the Page links at the top right of the list to move from page to page.
Books or Chapters?
Browse shows you the books by default, but you can choose to browse the chapters instead – click on the grayed out CHAPTERS tab at the top of the list. Go back to books by clicking the BOOKS tab. Both tabs show you how many items you’ll see when you click on them.
Refining your browse list
On the left of your browse list you’ll find features to help you find what you want in that list.
- Availability: your library may not have subscribed to all the books. Open the Availability widget by clicking the little triangle and then check the Show full text results only box to limit what you see to just what you have access rights to.
- Enter a word of phrase in the Search within results box to run a quick search just through the books or chapters you are browsing.
- Narrow your choices by choosing a more specific subject. In this pane you’ll see the same subject taxonomy as in the subject browse panel – but in more detail, so you can choose to explore more precisely.
- Each topic shows you the number of books on that topic (in brackets.)
- Click on the + signs to expand each branch of the taxonomy, the – signs to hide the sub-branches, and click on each term to choose it.
Gone too far?
The gray panel at the top of the main list shows you the filters that are being used to make your browse list. You can always remove a filter by clicking on the x next to it.
Using the browse list
You can save a browse list as an Excel or PDF file; or you can print it out, email it, or share it via a social media site – use the icons at the top right of the list.
You can even choose to be alerted whenever a new book in a particular subject is added to the site. If you have an RSS reader you can subscribe to an alert by clicking on the RSS icon at the top right of the browse list.
Once you've gone to full content, you can return to your browse list, or move through it, using the arrows and Back to results on the left below the header.