- About Treatments<i>ThatWork</i>™
- Chapter 1 Is This Program Right for You? The Nature of Specific Phobias
- Chapter 2 How Do Specific Phobias Develop?
- Chapter 3 Learning About Your Specific Phobia
- Chapter 4 Developing a Treatment Plan
- Chapter 5 Changing Your Thoughts
- Chapter 6 Getting Ready for Exposure
- Chapter 7 How to Do Exposure
- Chapter 8 Phobias of Blood, Needles, Doctors, and Dentists
- Chapter 9 Claustrophobia
- Chapter 10 Animal and Insect Phobias
- Chapter 11 Height Phobia
- Chapter 12 Driving Phobias
- Chapter 13 Flying Phobias
- Chapter 14 Phobias of Storms, Water, Choking, and Vomiting
- Recommended Reading
- About the Authors
- Forms and Worksheets
- Examples of Completed Monitoring Forms
(p. 13) How Do Specific Phobias Develop?
- (p. 13) How Do Specific Phobias Develop?
Martin M. Antony
, Michelle G. Craske
, and David H. Barlow
Access to the complete content on Oxford Clinical Psychology requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.