Access to the complete content on Oxford Clinical Psychology requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 A cognitive neuroscience of belief Vaughan Bell, Peter W. Halligan, and Hadyn D. Ellis
- Chapter 2 Biased beliefs and the subjective validation effect David F. Marks
- Chapter 3 The cognitive anthropology of belief Quinton Deeley
- Chapter 4 Placebo: the role of expectancies in the generation and alleviation of illness Irving Kirsch
- Chapter 5 Volition and psychosocial factors in illness behaviour Robert Ferrari, Oliver Kwan, and Jon Friel
- Chapter 6 Belief in rehabilitation, the hidden power for change Derick T. Wade
- Chapter 7 Public and medical beliefs about mental disorders and their treatment Anthony F. Jorm and Kathleen M. Griffiths
- Chapter 8 Beliefs and adherence to treatment: the challenge for research and clinical practice Rob Horne
- Chapter 9 Explaining unexplained symptoms: the role of beliefs in clinical management Peter Salmon
- Chapter 10 Beliefs and obstacles to recovery in low back pain A. Kim Burton, Gordon Waddell, and Chris J. Main
- Chapter 11 Managing disability by public policy initiatives Rachelle Buchbinder
- Chapter 12 Clinician bias in diagnosis and treatment Duncan B. Double