Access to the complete content on Oxford Clinical Psychology requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1 Introduction: Cogito Ergo Sum
- 2 Changing Thoughts in Practice: The Basic Concepts of Cognitive Therapies
- 3 Thinking About Thoughts
- 4 The “Stream” of Consciousness: Mind-Wandering, Introspection, Rumination, Meditation, and Mindfulness
- 5 Distorted Thoughts
- 6 How Thoughts Influence Mood and Feelings—or Is It the Other Way Around?
- 7 How Thoughts Lead to Action—and Why They Sometimes Do Not
- 8 General Principles of How and Why Thoughts Change
- 9 Can Cognitive Treatments Be Enhanced?