Access to the complete content on Oxford Clinical Psychology requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Chapter 1 The practice of meditationMichael A. West
- Chapter 2 Meditation: Practice and experienceMartine Batchelor
- Chapter 3 How conscious experience comes about, and why meditation is helpfulGuy Claxton
- Chapter 4 Fish discovering water: Meditation as a process of recognitionJames Carmody
- Chapter 5 Psychology of meditation: Philosophical perspectivesLoriliai Biernacki
- Chapter 6 Traditional and secular views of psychotherapeutic applications of mindfulness and meditationLynn C. Waelde and Jason M. Thompson
- Chapter 7 Meditation and the management of painVidyamala Burch
- Chapter 8 Addictive disordersSarah Bowen, Matthew Enkema, Corey Roos, Haley Douglas, Erin Harrop, Tatyana Kholodkov, and Katie Witkiewitz
- Chapter 9 Meditation and physical healthLinda E. Carlson
- Chapter 10 The cognitive and affective neurosciences of meditationAntonino Raffone
- Chapter 11 Mindfulness and meditation in the workplace: An acceptance and commitment therapy approachFrank W. Bond, Paul E. Flaxman, and Joda Lloyd
- Chapter 12 Mindfulness in educationKatherine Weare
- Chapter 13 Meditation: Future theory and researchPeter Sedlmeier, Juliane Eberth, and Maika Puta
- Chapter 14 How meditation changes lives: Practice, research, and personal journeysMichael A. West